LifeGroup Questions - Oct. 15, 2017
LifeGroup Discussion Questions:
1) Take a few minutes to review the summary sheet provided today. What has been most helpful to you during this sermon series? What is your main takeaway?
2) What is the Sabbath and why is it important for Christians to celebrate it? Also, what are both positive and negative images that come to your mind as you consider the Sabbath?
3) Read what Jesus says about the Sabbath in Mark 2:23-28 & 3:1-6. What are a couple of the main points He makes about Sabbath?
4) Jesus refers to an occasion where the Jewish King David eats the consecrated bread. Read 1 Samuel 21:1-6 to understand the context. Then, discuss the significance of Jesus’s reference to this unorthodox practice in Mark 2:23-28.
5) What are the three purposes of the Sabbath that Adrian refers to in his message? What is an application for your own household, either with respect to work or technology use?
6) Read Isaiah 30:15 & John 10:10. Pray these words for one another. Ask God to help each other follow through on commitments made with your LifeGroup.