LifeGroup Questions - Dec. 10, 2017
LifeGroup Discussion Questions:
1. What most encouraged you, challenged you, or gave you hope from today’s message?
2. Is there an area in your life where you are struggling or troubled during this Christmas season?
3. Are you growing in hope this Advent? If so, how?
4. Read Luke 1:26-38. What is the big idea here? How does Mary respond to this angelic visitation? Where do you see her struggling? How do your sense her faith building? As much as possible, try to answer these questions while imagining yourself in Mary’s shoes. Can you think of any other Scriptures where people of faith are still struggling with what is happening to them?
5. Is it really possible to have faith and still struggle with their present circumstances? Read Luke 1:12, 24:38, John 11:33, 14:27. What are some lessons learned for you?
6. What is the relationship between faith and hope in the Christian life? Note: Romans 4:18-22; 5:1-5; 1 Thessalonians 1:3; 5:8; 1 Corinthians 13:13; Galatians 5:5; Colossians 1:4, 5. Can you have hope without faith?
7. Read again the angel’s words recorded in Luke 1:37 (ESV). Go around the circle and take turns reading this sentence out loud to each other. How do these words encourage you this Advent/Christmas season and as you look ahead to 2018? Pray these words of faith for one another and watch your faith begin to grow.
Looking for a LifeGroup? – A LifeGroup is a home fellowship made up of a small group who meet weekly to share, study and support one another. You can find a LifeGroup listing at KearneyeFree.com/LifeGroups.