LifeGroup Questions - June 25, 2017
LifeGroup Discussion Questions
1) As you reflect on Sunday’s message and the study in Hebrews in general, what encouraged or challenged you?
2) How would you define rest? What does rest look like for you personally?
3) Read Hebrews 4:9-16 and make note of everything that stands out to you. Feel free to “mark it up.” Share your observations. Can you think of any cross references that speak to these ideas?
4) Read Romans 12:1-2, Proverbs 3:5-6, 1 Peter 5:7, Philippians 4:6-7. In what ways do these verses provide encouragement for those needing rest?
5) What is your normal attitude when you read or study God’s word? Read Hebrews 4:12 slowly, one phrase at a time. Commit yourself to and ask the Lord to use His Word to transform and lead you to His “greater rest”.
6) Read Hebrews 4:16 out loud. Respond in prayers of thanksgiving and praises for God’s promises revealed in this verse.
Looking for a LifeGroup? – A LifeGroup is a home fellowship made up of a small group who meet weekly to share, study and support one another. You can find a LifeGroup listing at KearneyeFree.com/LifeGroups.